The Board of Directors shall consist of thirteen (7) directors elected by the membership, the immediate Past President of the Corporation, and the then the President of the IACC Foundation, and one designee of the President of the IACC Foundation. The IACC Foundation representatives must be IACC members.
Qualifications of Directors
1. Each director of the corporation and each candidate for director shall satisfy the following requisites:
a. Be at least 21 years of age.
b. Be a United States Citizen.
c. Be a voting member of the corporation in good standing.
d. Have at least one year as a member immediately preceding the election.
e. Never have been convicted of a felony.
f. Not be a full-time employee on the payroll of the IACC
2. No director, including the past president, may be elected to serve two consecutive terms. A term is defined as any period for which a person has served as a director as a result of a vote of the general membership.
3. Directors shall not be eligible for re-election or appointment to the board for one year after they complete their term on the board.
4. In the event that the president is re-elected to a second term, the term of the immediate past president of the board shall terminate after the first year. The immediate past president shall not be eligible for election or appointment to the board for one year after serving as past president.
5. Husbands and wives may not serve on the Board of Directors simultaneously.
Elections of The Directors and Term of Office
1. The members of the Board of Directors shall be elected by the membership to serve staggered terms of four (4) years. At the annual meeting held in November of each year, new directors will be elected to replace those directors whose term of office is expiring.
2. The members of the board shall, upon election, take the oath of office, and enter upon the performance of their duties at the beginning of the next calendar year.